Use Chrome and have a headset at the ready!
You will need the most up-to-date version of Google Chrome to access the online classroom on your laptop or desktop computer. If you don’t have it yet, you will need to download it and install it. You can download it here. Your child will also need a headset for the tutoring time.
Maths test and maths level
We strongly recommend that your child takes the relevant test ahead of their first session, so we can assess what they should cover during their sessions. You will find this when you login to the platform, in the parent portal.
There are two types of tests, depending on the programme they’re on.
This test takes around 20 minutes to complete. Once your child completes the test, you will be asked to confirm their maths levels. The results of the test might indicate that your child is better placed in a different level from the one you selected when you subscribed. Placing the child at the correct level helps their tutor plan the content of the sessions. This test is available until 23:59pm on the night before their first session. Levels are automatically assigned after that.
Our exhaustive SATs assessment will help determine your child’s current level for their tutors. It will also help us track their progress in the run-up to May. It takes approximately 50 minutes to complete. Your child should complete it ahead of their first session (ideally the day before) but they can complete it later if needed. They can exit the assessment and come back to it. At the end of the assessment, you don’t need to select a level for the SATs programme.
Practice with the online classroom!
The whiteboard that your child and their tutors will be using in the sessions is very simple to use. However, we recommend that children practice for 10 minutes before their first session. This will help them use the different tools (like dragging and dropping numbers, changing colours, etc.) and maximise their maths learning from session one!
You will be able to find this in the main screen when you login to your child’s account. You can also test your headphones to ensure they’re ready for the session.
View the reports
There are two types of reports. Both can be found at the parent portal, from the top right corner.
These reports can be accessed after each session from the parent portal and will be available for you to look back on at any time. They cover:
1. Which learning objectives from the curriculum have been taught during that session.
2. How your child has progressed within each learning objective they have covered, if it was new content learnt, if knowledge has been reinforced, and what gaps have been identified.
3. If your child was engaged during the session, so you can understand how receptive they were.
These are aggregated reports that show the progress that your child has made over time, from their first session until now. These reports can be accessed anytime via the parent portal. They have different sections:
2. Profile: tells you what year group and level your child is, as well as when they had their first session and number of lessons covered so far.
3. Engagement: how your child is finding the tutorials (based on the post-tutorial surveys) and the number of effort coins earned so far
4. What’s been done: the number of lessons and learning objectives covered.
5. Lesson quiz results: the highest results achieved in your child’s post-session quizzes so far.
6. Learning objective results: how the tutor assessed your child’s knowledge on each learning objective covered.
7. Learning overview: you can see how each lesson and learning objective were marked over time and filter which ones have been covered but would benefit from more work.
Worksheets and e-Books
Your Premium Matr subscription includes access to the Maths Resource Library. You will find this in the top right corner of the parent portal. The Library includes lots of worksheets for each lesson and additional e-Books on specific topics. You can download and print these and give them to your child to complete during their free time. They include answer sheets so you can help them with the solutions!
Manage your sessions
From the parent portal, you will be able to view all your upcoming sessions and cancel or reschedule sessions you can’t attend (if you give at least 24 hours’ notice). If you need to book additional sessions, change tutor or change your schedule permanently, just get in touch with our Customer Support team!
If your questions have not been answered yet or you need to make any amendments to your bookings, you can get in touch with us by sending an email to email@example.com or calling us on 0203 794 2739. We’ll be available from 8:30am to 5:30pm everyday and are very happy to help.
If you have questions during your live sessions, you’ll also be able to contact us outside our regular office hours. You can call us on 0203 794 2741 or message us on the above email and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.